Canon Pixma TR150 Wireless Mobile Printer
This compact bluetooth printer does a great job. We bought the optional battery pack, so it doesn't need to be plugged in except occasionally, to charge the battery. No cords!!!!!
Bodum Bistro Electric Water Kettle
We love this 17-ounce kettle in the kitchen-less Clubhouse, where we or our guests can heat drinks or make soup in minutes.
rE: Dish Washing Soap Bar
As we work to rid our house of more single-use plastic, we've come to love this solid dish soap. It fits perfectly in a metal measuring cup we had on hand. We just rub a damp sponge across the top, and it does a great job on the dishes.
We added an Envi Heater in the bathroom. It fits under the sink nicely. We can set the thermostat so that it comes on when we don't have the wood stove burning.
From the manufacturerer:
The Envi™ Wall-mounted Electric Panel Heater is one of the most efficient, stylish, and innovative space heaters ever developed. After 7 years we have finally refreshed the Envi Heater with a more stylish look. The HW3012T Envi Heater is a 120volt hardwired whole room heater and has a built in thermostat.
FEATURES OF ENVI HEATER MODELS:
- True Temperature-Controlling Thermostat. (Only models HH3012T, HW3012T and HW3022T)
- Wall-Sens(TM) Technology, safely cuts power to heater if it is removed from the wall. (All models)
- 475watts - low wattage convection heating that doesn't dry out the air, won't trip the breaker but is still powerful enough to heat a 130sf to 150sf rooms.
- Convenient Cordset storage inside heater to tuck away untidy power cord. (only Plug-in models)
- Hardwired models are approved for commercial installation. (HW3012T/HW3022T - with built in thermostat and HW3012N/HW3022N - without thermostat)
- Conforms to UL & CSA (Canadian) safety standards (All models).
Oggi Stainless Steel Canister
This stainless steel canister by Oggi has a flip-top locking lids with a silicone gasket that seals airtight. We use it for our coffee, and store it on the same shelf with the mugs, french press, and kettle. The clear, acrylic flip-top lid is bpa-free.
GSI Outdoors Glacier Stainless 1 Qt. Tea Kettle
This kettle is a perfect match for our french press; one kettle of water fills the press. It works great on our alcohol-burning stove (Origo 6000 by Dometic).
From the manufacturer:
- Classic, low-profile design provides the capacity of a 1 liter ultralight boiler in the easy-to-pour profile of a tea kettle.
- Convenient folding handle locks into place when boiling.
- Glacier Stainless steel’s unrivaled durability cooks evenly over any stove or flame.
Secura Stainless Steel French Press Coffee Maker
We've used our French Press every day for more than three years. We love it. Period. It works well and looks good.
From the manufacturer:
- Secura stainless steel French Press coffee maker is made from top quality 18/10 stainless steel, both the interior and exterior. It is made to outlast other coffee makers
- 3-LAYERED STAINLESS STEEL FILTER STRUCTURE traps the smallest coffee grounds to produce an exceptional full-bodied flavor
- This French press maker comes with Cool touch handle and knob for comfortable and safe pouring
- The capacity of Secura Stainless-steel French coffee press is 34 OUNCE/ 1000ML. All the parts of this French coffee maker are DISHWASHER SAFE
Perfect size for the two of us--we get 3 good-size mugs out of a pot. Coffee stays hot until poured.
Berkey Water Filter
We are lucky enough to have a spring-fed water source. We take the precaution of filtering the water (that travels down the mountain in old pipes) we use for drinking and cooking. In the kitchen, the Travel Berkey is the perfect size. We built a platform; the compost bin fits under it, and the spigot is high enough to fill our pots, pitchers, etc.
In the screen house, we have the Big Berkey ($258), which holds 2.5 gallons. The bigger size comes in handy because we use it to wash dishes in the screen house "kitchen." (The sink drains to a bucket under the sink.) We added water view spigots ($20 each) to both of our Berkeys, so we can see easily when it's time to refill them.
Linkyo Kitchen Composter
We had a basic for composting at first. Even keeping it closed, we could smell the contents once things got a little sloppy inside. This one has a filter, and it works. We line it with a 3-gallon Biobag to keep things even tidier.
From the manufacturer:
- Odor Free - A thick activated charcoal filter absorbs and traps odors inside the canister leaving your kitchen smelling fresh and clean (4 filters included)
- Rust & Stain Resistant - Built to last, this bin is constructed of High-Grade Stainless Steel and backed by LINKYO's rock-solid, hassle-free 100% Quality Guarantee
- No More Daily Trips to the Outdoor Compost Pile! Fits on the counter, under the sink or in the pantry, and can easily hold several days' worth of organic waste
- Stylish and Discreet - Your guests won't even notice it! The streamlined design looks great in your kitchen while blending in with the other things on the counter
Dr. Bronner's Organic Castile Liquid Soap
Loose Coco Coir by GROW!T
If you're going to have a composting toilet, you'll need cover matter. Lots of things work; some we've tried (sawdust, wood shavings, coco coir), some we haven't (leaf mulch, etc.)
We bought bricks of coco coir and did the whole hydrating thing—and didn't like it. (That said, buying bricks and hydrating is cheaper.) Then we found this bagged coir, and we love it. It's a little pricey but mixed with free sawdust and cheap shavings, it works great.
BioBag: Tall 13 gallon compostable bags
This is the secret to making a bucket-style composting toilet easy to maintain. We line our solid waste bucket with one of these bags and add a little cover material. Then it's simple (and clean!) to pull the bag out when full and drop it into composting barrel. We still hose out the bucket, but there's really nothing (occasional moisture or flecks of cover) to clean.
BioBags are made from a resin derived from plants, vegetable oils and compostable polymers. BioBags are approved for disposal in home backyard compost settings. (The certification process tests a product’s ability to decompose at a rate similar to other compostable items placed in the same setting.)
We also use 3-gallon BioBags with our kitchen food scrap canister. They're a little wide for the canister; so, tied two small knots on the top edge.
Eva Dry Petite Dehumidifier
- Whisper Technology, No Compressor
- Renewable reservoir
- Compact size is perfect for bathrooms, closets, and R.V.s
- Low energy consumption
- Eliminates odors and Fungus
- Automatically Turns off when water tank is full
- 1 pound weight
- Product Dimensions: 6.5 x 5.3 x 8.5 inches
Compost Crank® Compost Aerator by Lotech
Vunella Solid Shampoo and Conditioner
No more plastic shampoo and conditioner bottles! We love Vunella's solid shampoos and conditioners and love the metal container that makes them so easy to travel with. Lots of scents to pick from and frequents sales and special packages. https://vunella.com